Competition Winners will still have the same opportunities to perform at Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall
UNFORTUNATELY CARNEGIE HALL AND ALL VENUES IN THE NEW YORK CITY THEATRE DISTRICT WILL BE CLOSED THROUGH THE REMAINDER OF 2020. We have rescheduled the winner's recital for July 10, 2021 @ 1pm.
Progressive Musicians' first priority will always be the health and safety of its participants and staff.
WE FEEL THAT A YEAR IS A LONG TIME TO WAIT FOR A WINNER'S SHOWCASE. WE HAVE SCHEDULED TWO SPECIAL ONLINE RECITALS WHICH WILL FEATURE OUR COMPETITION WINNER'S AND MANY OTHER CONTESTANTS.
• AGES 5-14: August 9 @ 12pm EST & August 10 @ 12am EST
• AGES 15 and Up: August 9 @ 6pm EST & August 10 @ 6am EST
1. Each winner will be notified by email prior to July 15, 2020.
2. All results will be posted on our website prior to July 19, 2020.
3. If selected to perform in the winner's recital, a commitment must be made and all fees must be paid no later than one week from the date of notification. Recital fees are $375 for soloists and $225 for each musician of a duo or chamber ensemble. Recital fees include: recital booklets containing the performer’s biographies and photos, a certificate of participation, a certificate of recognition for each performer’s instructor, four (4) complimentary concert tickets to the winner’s recital, and professional digital photos of the performance.
4. Repertoire chosen for the winners recital may not exceed its category’s time limit.
5. Winners should plan to perform the repertoire selection(s) from their application video(s). If a change in repertoire is desired, a “request of repertoire change” form and a video link containing the new selection must be submitted through email by October 1, 2020. All repertoire changes will be subject to approval by our judges.
6. All violin and guitar repertoire performed at the winners recital must be presented with piano accompaniment unless such accompaniment does not exist for the chosen selection. Violin soloists who require piano accompaniment may elect to hire their own pianist or request to perform with a Progressive Musicians collaborative pianist.
7. Carnegie Hall’s policy strictly prohibits the use of personal photography and videography.
8. Additional concert tickets may be purchased through the Carnegie Hall box office for $50 each by contacting CarnegieCharge at (212) 247-7800, online at www.carnegiehall.org, or at the door. Tickets will go on sale 90 days prior to the recital.
9. Travel to New York City and accommodations are solely the responsibility of each performer.
Participation in the winner's recital is subject to approval by Progressive Musicians and the International Piano, Violin & Guitar 2020 Competition Jury.